Saturday, September 18, 2010

Journey on a Bike

Several months ago my journey of cycling began with a GMC Denali Road Bike from Walmart. I would have never thought that I would fall in love with it as much as I did though. I started out modestly with a small 6 mile loop around Bedminster and Bernards Townships, and took two breaks as well. After the first ride I was in love. I kept going harder and faster every time I rode, and I also started thinking bout my future bike. The joy I got from going up and down the hills made me realize that this was my sport. Sure I played soccer and went snowboarding but there is something different about cycling. The freedom of riding through the country side and seeing all the awesome things nature has to offer. But beyond all that I wanted to get better and better, and it was time to invest. Thank God for sales! because my Trek 1.2 was bought a couple weeks ago. Also thanks to my wife Kirsy for supporting me. What a difference a real bike makes. I have been able to increase my ride to a 10.5 mile loop that I can modify to my physical ability on any given day. I went from doing maybe 20 miles a week to doing 40-50 miles now. My Trek bike was the best investment in sports I have ever made. I also named her Janice :)



And thats where the journey of Bartus on a Trek begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment